Thank you for your interest in having former Wisconsin Gov. Martin J. Schreiber, author of My Two Elaines: Learning, Coping, and Surviving as an Alzheimer’s Caregiver, at your event.
In an effort to reach as many caregivers as possible, Marty does not charge a speaker’s fee / honorarium*. Please note: Net proceeds from the sale of My Two Elaines are used to promote Alzheimer’s caregiver support.
* Mileage from Milwaukee at the current federal rate, and actual costs of meals and lodging may be necessary.
It is best to plan 3 months or more in advance; however, special circumstances may apply. Please submit your form at your earliest convenience. We try to honor as many requests as time allows. You may expect a response within two weeks.
Please give thoughtful consideration to the following:
- We ask you to accept responsibility for marketing, publicizing, and registration for this event. We’ll provide you some tips for getting attention from the news media.
- We ask that your goal be an audience of at least 50 people. To maximize attendance, consider co-hosting your event with interested organization(s) such as the Alzheimer’s Association, Aging & Disability Resource Center, local library, city/county health department, local hospital, senior center, senior living community, etc.
- Your organization is asked to guarantee the sale of 30 books. At your event, Gov. Schreiber and/or his representative will conduct on-site book sales at $15.00 per copy. If attendees buy fewer than 30 books, your organization will be asked to purchase the shortfall at $10.00 per copy.
- Mileage at the current federal rate, and actual costs of meals and lodging may be necessary.
If you have questions about these guidelines, please use the Additional Information / Comments section at the end of this form.